"Breath And Sunlight"


 This sensitive painting and drawing is reminiscent of my time in Houston when I studied Chinese brush painting. There are important guidelines to follow in this kind of painting that takes a lot of thought about placement and what you would like to say about nature.  Lotus is one of my favorite flowers to draw because of their openness to the light. The background on this painting was presenting itself as high-key and I wanted to keep this sensitivity so I thought about how to continue preserving this lightness for a while considering many possibilities.  I always came back to doing this drawing.  
It's a large painting, 30 x 44" unframed with a light application of handmade spiral papers. I  wrote some Chinese characters along the right side as is customary holding in my head the beauty of the flower and the nature of light.
SOLD
(to my favorite collectors in Houston!)

No comments: